We Rise by Lifting Others
24 August 2018
Drew this one for the challenge over at Instagram by @journalingyourway ... "We rise by lifting others". I love the saying, and it was perfect for an illustration originally drawn in 2014 that I re-drew -- with a few minor changes of course. Here's the original sketch, drawn using coloured pencils:
Painted it in watercolour in my Scribbles That Matter pro A5 journal and it turned out better than expected. As always, the paper crinkled slightly (which I have to admit I love!) but nothing bled to the other side, and I was able to build up layers and texture as long as I allowed the layer before to properly dry. Here are a couple of 'closer'-ups:
I'm having so much fun playing with watercolour in the bullet journal, I'm going to have to search out more challenges to 'work' on. Oh, and still have to figure out the theme for September! Any ideas? Cheers.
SUPPLIES I USED
- Scribbles That Matter (Pro version) Dotted Journal A5: UK and USA and STM website
- SCHMINCKE AKADEMIE® Aquarell watercolours: UK and USA
- Escoda Joseph Zbukvic Mod. 8605 brushes: UK and USA
- Uni Ball Signo Gel White Ink Pens: UK and USA
- Tombow Mono Drawing Pen - Black (Pack of 3): UK and USA
- Staedtler 308 SB6P Pigment Fineliner - Set of 6: UK and USA
- Zebra SL-F1 Mini Ballpoint Pen: UK and USA
- Polaroid Spring Clip: White: UK and USA
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase via clicking on them, we receive a small portion to help with our running costs, at absolutely no cost to you. We only link to supplies or products that we truly love or want for ourselves, so thank you if you decide to support A Simply Imperfect Life.